- Local chapter dues:
$20 per year (non-members of National AAZK)
- Membership with AAZK National is recommended for local chapter members! See the Benefits section below for an opportunity for a free year of National membership!
So, what are the benefits of being a member of the chapter?
- The Greater Kansas City AAZK Chapter works to educate the public and help conserve biodiversity on both a local and a worldwide scale. Your participation helps support conservation efforts for a variety of causes, including our largest annual fundraising event--Bowling for Rhinos--an AAZK National event that actually originated at this chapter!!
- If you are also a member of AAZK National, the chapter will reimburse your national dues for your first year as a member of the local chapter.
- Active member earn points for participating in the chapter through things such as attending meetings, taking an elected or appointed position, and assisting with special events. Points can be redeemed at an exchange of 10 points = $1 to be used for paying local dues, national dues, attending conferences/workshops/seminars, and more!
- Meet and spend time with fellow animal lovers and conservation enthusiasts from local animal care organizations around the Kansas City area!!
Interested in learning more or think you'd like to join?
The Greater Kansas City AAZK Chapter holds an Orientation Open House (with free Pizza & beverages!!) about twice a year. We'll give you an overview of our chapter and what benefits being a member can have for you!
Interested in coming to an orientation? Contact us to reserve your spot (so we have enough pizza!).
Can't make that date? No problem! Contact us for information on upcoming orientation dates.
Want to get started sooner? We like your enthusiasm! Contact us for details about attending our next chapter meeting!
Missed a Meeting? Check in here to see what happened!
Click on a date below to download a PDF of the meeting notes.
Looking for older meeting minutes? Contact us and we'll be happy to share them with you!
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open these files--download for free by clicking here.